Happy New Year! Okay, lets get down to it – I’ve got a list of some trends I would like to see get left behind in 2016. Leave a comment below, let me know if this list sucks, or if you agree, or if you have a few other things that should be left behind going into 2017.
(source: Slam Sanctuary)
1. Sudani Style. If you’re new to the car scene – you’ve probably never heard this term before but for the most part it references an extreme stretched tire or a 4 piece wheel (as opposed to 3) where there is a gap between the tire and the edge of the wheel lip. In my opinion; it always comes across as ‘trying too hard’
2. Un-Even Camber
– Such as; Faux Drift Set ups.
– Front Wheel Drive cars with NO front camber and -20 degrees of rear camber.
(ps: neither one of these cars look bad – I chose 2 well built cars to not ‘offend’ anyone) & No I’m not a “hater” – I just think we need to even things out a bit to balance the “look”
3. Bumper Quick Disconnects with the rubber bands. It’s time for these to go. We get it, you’re low, your bumper pops off from time to time… or your car just breaks a lot. But there are way cleaner solutions for this. Google fam.
4. Bragging about being “Low” – We get it, you lowered your car. We get it, you scrape everywhere. We get it, you want attention… but seriously no one is impressed… We’ve seen one of everything slammed before, do something new, unique, different, or just chill… but please stop bragging about “being low” – be cool mannnnn (or womannnn).
5. Being on Air and having an obnoxious Ride Height. With all the fancy new air suspension controllers, levelers, and everything else – there is no excuse for you to drive around aired up to stock ride height. Nope. None.
6. People that hard-park on Real Wheels but criticize people participating in motorsports for running Cast/Replica Wheels. If you saved up for some three-piece wheels, or some Volks, or whatever motorsport based wheel and all you do is go to car shows, you have no room to speak on anyone running a cheaper-cast wheel participating in Motorsports; Like if you try to give an opinion you should automatically be banned from Xbox Live and your Forza disc should just break itself. Stop it. Go drive your car if you still want to talk shit (which I assume if you drove your car – you’d know how expensive participating in motorsports actually is and you wouldn’t talk shit) then by all means.
7. Breaking The Internet / Build Reveals on Instagram / Telling people your plans. You’re not going to break the internet. You don’t need to build hype. Just let your project speak for itself – show up, wow people, and bask in your glory…. And if it sucks, well… at least you won’t have to read through an entire page of disappointed comments. Don’t be mad if your 9″ lips & Candy Pink Wheel faces don’t land you a 1000 new followers… it’s okay! Just have fun, don’t do it for the gram.
8. Using the word “Build” — Lets just go ahead and stop using the word “Build”. Lets go back to just calling them project cars. This is my project, my project is never ending, I am still “working on” my project.
9. Reminding everyone ‘that’s your old car’ or ‘tagging your buddy in every post of his – old car’ – when a new owner has it, or has bought the car; if you sold the car – cut ties – it’s over fam. Let it go.
10. Fake Bride Backpacks. Do I even need to explain this? No? Okay, cool.
11. Suh-Dude, Dabbing, & 2 Finger Over the Eye Pose (The New JDM Pose). No to all of that. You’ve killed it, over-done it, & no one thinks its cool anymore.
Happy New year Everyone!
Ps. I’m sure my grammar is all fucked up – I wrote this as I was planning to film it… but I didn’t have time so I wrote it here instead.